OC Dental Academy
OC Dental Academy’s Coronal Polishing course is Dental Board approved and will fulfill the necessary requirements for unlicensed Dental Assistants seeking to become an RDA. After completing this course, the graduate will earn a certificate in Coronal Polishing. A person must hold a Registered Dental Assisting license in order to perform coronal polishing on patients in California.
- 4 Hours of online learning
- 4 Hours of laboratory and clinical instruction
- All Materials and Supplies
- California Coronal Polishing Printed Certificate at the end of class.
- This is a 2-session class:
- Session 1: 4 hours of on-line training. On-line training must be completed before Session 2.
- Session 2: After a written exam, the student will learn the step-by-step procedure of the coronal polishing through laboratory experience with a typodont/mannequin. This lab portion will include fulcrum techniques and hand piece control to name a few. Finally, the student will perform coronal polishing on three (3) patients, two timed and one un-timed. The final exam will conclude Session Two. Passing grade on the final exam is 75% or higher.
Students will be trained in the following areas:
OC Dental Academy partners with OC Dental Specialists and is a California Dental Board approved course provider that certifies students in Coronal Polishing
- Student must be a Dental Assistant that is qualified to take the California Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) exam.
- Student must send with registration copies of the following certificates:
- Current CPR card (AHA or ARC)
- California 8-Hour Infection Control Certificate
- California Dental Practice Act Certificate
- California Radiation and Safety Certificate
- Student must speak English
- Student must wear scrubs
- Student must have hair pulled back
- Student must wear closed toes footwear
- Student must bring protective eyewear. (Gloves and masks provided)
- Student must complete the on-line training and pass the on-line quiz before session 2.
- Student must provide three (3) patients for the course
- The criteria for these patients are:
- Patient must be 18 years or older
- Patient must be calculus-free
- Patient must have moderate plaque present
- Patient must not be in any orthodontic appliance (including permanent or fixed retainer)
An Exciting Dental Career is Just a Few Clicks Away
OC Dental Academy offers a hands-on course designed to give you the basic fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to start your new career, at a minimum cost of time and expense.