OC Dental Academy
OC Dental Academy’s Coronal Polishing course is Dental Board-approved and will fulfill the necessary requirements for unlicensed Dental Assistants seeking to become an RDA. After completing this course, the graduate will earn a certificate in Coronal Polishing. A person must hold a Registered Dental Assisting license in order to perform coronal polishing on patients in California. This course is non-refundable.
- 4 Hours of online learning
- 4 Hours of laboratory and clinical instruction
- All Materials and Supplies
- California Coronal Polishing Printed Certificate at the end of class.
- This is a 2-session class:
- Session 1: 4 hours of on-line training. On-line training must be completed before Session 2.
- Session 2: After a written exam, the student will learn the step-by-step procedure of the coronal polishing through laboratory experience with a typodont/mannequin. This lab portion will include fulcrum techniques and hand piece control to name a few. Finally, the student will perform coronal polishing on three (3) patients, two timed and one un-timed. The final exam will conclude Session Two. Passing grade on the final exam is 75% or higher.
Students will be trained in the following areas:
OC Dental Academy partners with a California Dental Board-Approved course provider that certifies students in Coronal Polishing
- Student must be a Dental Assistant that is qualified to take the California Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) exam.
- Student must send with registration copies of the following certificates:
- Current CPR card (AHA or ARC)
- California 8-Hour Infection Control Certificate
- California Dental Practice Act Certificate
- California Radiation and Safety Certificate
- Student must speak English
- Student must wear scrubs
- Student must have hair pulled back
- Student must wear closed toes footwear
- Student must bring protective eyewear. (Gloves and masks provided)
- Student must complete the on-line training and pass the on-line quiz before session 2.
- Student must provide three (3) patients for the course
- The criteria for these patients are:
- Patient must be 18 years or older
- Patient must be calculus-free
- Patient must have moderate plaque present
- Patient must not be in any orthodontic appliance (including permanent or fixed retainer)
An Exciting Dental Career is Just a Few Clicks Away
OC Dental Academy offers a hands-on course designed to give you the basic fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to start your new career, at a minimum cost of time and expense.