OC Dental Academy
X-Ray Program 1
The clinical portion of this program should take 2-6 hours to complete in the clinic.
This program is for students already trained in taking X-Rays. Our Dental Radiation Safety course at OC Dental Academy includes online written lectures and quizzes. The Dental Radiation Safety course is a California Dental Board Approved course that will fulfill the requirements for unlicensed Dental Assistants seeking to become an RDA. If you are a student that is able to take an FMX with 5 or less errors, unassisted on a dental mannequin, then this course is for you!
Radiation safety course program 1 includes:
California Dental Radiation and Safety Certification
All supplies and materials
Notification to The California Dental Board upon successful completion of the Radiation Safety Certification Course
- Student must be employed or interning with a licensed dentist
- Student must provide 4 clinical patients and produce one FMX on each clinical patient.
- 3 FMX’s will be taken at current place of employment (digital or film acceptable)
- Student must bring the 3 FMX’s taken at place of employment to the first day of class.
- Patient must be at least 18 years or older
- Patient must have no more than 6 missing teeth
- Patient must have at least 26 of their natural dentitions
- Patient must have no history of cardiovascular or kidney problem
- Patient must not be pregnant
- Patient must not be in any orthodontic appliances
- Patient must complete all the necessary forms at or before time of FMX.
- Student must wear scrubs
- Student must wear hair pulled back above collar
- Student must wear closed toe footwear
- Student will take 2 exams,
- Exam will be to complete 2 FMXs on mannequin
- Exam will be to complete 1 FMX on a patient
- Student will bring one patient to class at a time designated by the instructor to complete the final exam FMX.
- Upon completion of this course, the student will be issued a California Radiation and Safety Certificate.
In the state of California, a Dental Assistant must have their California Radiation Safety (X-Ray) certificate to be permitted to take x-rays in a dental office. In addition, all applicants for Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) licensure must submit evidence of having completed an approved radiation safety course.
OC Dental Academy partners with OC Dental Specialists and is a California Dental Board approved course provider that certifies students in Radiation Safety.
An Exciting Dental Career is Just a Few Clicks Away
OC Dental Academy offers a hands-on course designed to give you the basic fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to start your new career, at a minimum cost of time and expense.