OC Dental Academy
X-Ray Program 1
The clinical portion of this program should take 2-6 hours to complete in the clinic.
This program is for students already trained in taking X-Rays. Our Dental Radiation Safety course at OC Dental Academy includes online written lectures and quizzes. The Dental Radiation Safety course is a California Dental Board Approved course that will fulfill the requirements for unlicensed Dental Assistants seeking to become an RDA. If you are a student that is able to take an FMX with 5 or less errors, unassisted on a dental mannequin, then this course is for you! This course is non-refundable.
Radiation safety course program 1 includes:
California Dental Radiation and Safety Certification
All supplies and materials
Notification to The California Dental Board upon successful completion of the Radiation Safety Certification Course
- Student must be employed or interning with a licensed dentist
- Student must provide 4 clinical patients and produce one FMX on each clinical patient.
- 3 FMX’s will be taken at current place of employment (digital or film acceptable)
- Student must bring the 3 FMX’s taken at place of employment to the first day of class.
- Patient must be at least 18 years or older
- Patient must have no more than 6 missing teeth
- Patient must have at least 26 of their natural dentitions
- Patient must have no history of cardiovascular or kidney problem
- Patient must not be pregnant
- Patient must not be in any orthodontic appliances
- Patient must complete all the necessary forms at or before time of FMX.
- Student must wear scrubs
- Student must wear hair pulled back above collar
- Student must wear closed toe footwear
- Student will take 2 exams,
- Exam will be to complete 2 FMXs on mannequin
- Exam will be to complete 1 FMX on a patient
- Student will bring one patient to class at a time designated by the instructor to complete the final exam FMX.
- Upon completion of this course, the student will be issued a California Radiation and Safety Certificate.
In the state of California, a Dental Assistant must have their California Radiation Safety (X-Ray) certificate to be permitted to take x-rays in a dental office. In addition, all applicants for Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) licensure must submit evidence of having completed an approved radiation safety course.
OC Dental Academy partners with a California Dental Board-Approved course provider that certifies students in Radiation Safety.
An Exciting Dental Career is Just a Few Clicks Away
OC Dental Academy offers a hands-on course designed to give you the basic fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to start your new career, at a minimum cost of time and expense.